There are two other churches - St Edmunds, the parish church, and St Bernadette’s, the Roman Catholic church, in addition to West Kingsdown Baptist Church. All three churches participate in regular activities together through Churches Together in West Kingsdown.
There is a very active Active Retirement Association in the village - KIARA, which supports a number of groups for those interested in crafts and gardening, as well as running tours for its members. We run a Carers and Toddlers group - Catch Up. The library runs activities for local residents and children. There are also a number of scout groups being run in the area.
There are plenty of good walks in the area, up through the woods (owned by the village and maintained by volunteers) around the parish church or along the local lanes and paths to neighbouring villages. On the road out of the village, heading along the A20 towards Maidstone, there is a grade two listed, four storey, smock windmill. This was built in Farningham, the village at the bottom of the hill, in the early nineteenth century and moved up to West Kingsdown in 1880. Having bought a railway tool shed up the hill to serve as the Baptist church in 1861, the locals obviously saw moving a four-storey windmill as another challenge...